Thursday, December 21, 2017

Card Kitty, anyone? X8 :D

Christmas sewing is on-going!  I've been sick with a cold since the beginning of December and whatever I got done, was done while I was hopped up on lovely cold pills :D    However, after 3 weeks I'm finally on the mend, and have scaled down my Christmas prep so my To Do list is manageable enough that I don't have to stress. Is everyone else ready, or are y'all still trying to finalize things?  I try every year, but I'm pretty sure that I'll never EVER be organized enough to be done weeks ahead of time, haha. 

I mentioned in my last post that I had started a project for Christmas gifts, and happily, I got 8 done out of the 10 I wanted to do for Christmas (3 of the kids are away until the new year, so I actually have time to finish them without them being late).  The Card Kitty from SewCanShe.com is a WINNER.  EASY to make, and I like that there's enough ease in the project that if your stitching is a bit wobbly (mine is), things will still work.   Well done Caroline - thank you for the tutorial and the fantastic idea!  Here are some pics:

Kitty Cat Card Kitties X 2 :)

Basketball Card Kitties X 3 :)

Cherries Card Kitties X 3 :)
I made a minor change to the tutorial - some of my fabrics were on the thinner side, so I interfaced one side of the outer pieces and all 3 pockets, using thin iron-on interfacing.  That gave me just the right amount of body for the kitties :)  As I was taking these photos, I realized something - not only do these guys hold cards for the kids, they can also be stacked, Jenga style! 

8 pack stack :)

Basketball stack :)

Cherry stack :)
Sometimes - I amuse myself, LOL.  OK that's it for now - I need to get these bad boys and girls upstairs so I can start wrapping them - I have a few more pictures to post but will do that a bit later.  I hope everyone is enjoying their Christmas prep, or enjoying their Christmas prepared - whichever is applicable!  ;)


7 comments:

  1. These are a great idea! I always love to get my nieces and nephews games as part of their Christmas gift. Next year it might be fun to give them card games and then to make kitties for everyone.

    I a bit depressed about how much stuff I still have to do to get ready for Christmas. I'm just taking a 5 minute break now. I am hopeful to just get the gifts done for the kids and my sis-in-laws and brothers. I think my mom and then my dad and his wife might mostly get gift cards :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are a great idea Sandra, is there no end to the variety of items that production line of yours can churn out ??? Glad to hear that you are feeling better, colds seem to drag on for weeks nowadays there has been lots of snuffling and sneezing in our house for the past few weeks too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! I should make one for my grandson because when we play cards, he has trouble holding too many cards in his hands. Maybe I will whip a couple up today before I babysit him early Sunday morning. Thanks for sharing and giving me a good idea...and more sewing to do! :0P

    ReplyDelete
  4. These would also be great for older people with arthritis. You are just a fountain of work this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These would also be great for older people with arthritis. You are just a fountain of work this year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a great idea - I hope you were all better for Christmas, and that it was a wonderful one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I need one of these for Cards against humanity!!'n

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails