Tuesday, November 21, 2017

'tis the season ...

... to be sewing!  And I have been doing so, between appointments and outings and visits from our boys and aquafit :)  Speaking of visits, I had to tear up the stairs to answer the doorbell just now - in time for the lovely UPS delivery man to hand me off a package - I didn't open it yet but judging by the weight of the box, it's my vitamins from Costco, haha.  There's another parcel coming from them as well, but I think it was coming from a far off distribution center (Calgary, I believe) so it'll take an extra day or two.  Are these cute or what?!! BTW - does it make your day when the delivery man is friendly and has a smile on his face?  It makes mine for sure :)

And back to our post in progress ... aka our irregularly scheduled post :D  Here are some of the bags I've finished lately - as per usual, I notice no dent in fabric or zipper stash - c'est la vie ;)  These 2 are going to the counselling center :)

Floral zipper bags from some scraps a friend gave me a LONG time ago :D

One of the bags is embellished with buttons - can you see all 7 of them? :)

The 2nd bag is embellished with beads and a button.  Most of the beads are a bit bigger than seed beads and I couldn't get a good close-up of them, but there are 7 beads and a button blinging this bag :D

Acrylic teardrop charm for one zipper pull ...

... and a (faux) (and large!  1 1/2" in diameter!  I even remember where I got it - on clearance at a Joanns near Bradenton, FLA several years ago, while shopping with my SIL :D) Mother of Pearl charm :)

The reverse of the bags, showing the cotton labels I added :)

Handmade #1 ...

... and Handmade #2 :)

Blogger won't let me add any more pictures to this post, so I'll do a 2nd one (in a little bit - I need to get supper and laundry underway first) to satisfy their whims ;)  These 2 bags are being posted to Elm Street Quilts Bag It for 2017 - hi Patty! 

5 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabric. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts Bag It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the fabric you chose Sandra and the buttons are fun for the flower centers. As for Blogger not letting you add more photos, do you resize your photos to 600? If your photos are larger then one day you will need more space and will be charged, but keeping the pixel size around 600 x 800ish you won't use up the allotted Blogger space and can blog forever. I learned this years ago when it happened to me and I had to resize all my photos! I just didn't want to start a new blog and have 2 blogs of the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you add embellishments and the zipper pulls. I've yet to get around to doing either of those... Although, I did just order some custom woven labels, which I'm looking forward to using.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a good button stash - the pink and green buttons are a perfect match. They look very effective!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails