Friday, July 29, 2016

Rush rush rush!

Hubby and I are headed Stateside for a wee vacation tomorrow, and I've been running around like a madwoman trying to get things organized and ready :D  My Ho Ho Ho and New to Me post will be short and sweet for July - I have laundry and packing to get done (along with printing off Joanns coupons, LOL) and I still need to finish my USA Shopping List (yes, it has capitals - it's an Important List to me!) :D


First up is my New to Me project for July -- tutorial here :)  This worked out pretty well, but next time around I won't add quilting to the pockets (back and front) AND the bag body - it's too thick, and sinks in to itself a tiny little bit.  I'll quilt the front and back, but not the pockets - that should solve the problem.  It's an easy make, and I have an extra set of strap hardware (that sounds rather fancy, but it's just a D ring and a plastic tri-glide thingy, bought on sale @ Fabricland, lol) and will make another bag when I get back :) This counts as #21 in my 52 in 16 efforts - I need to step up my pace!  21 in 7 months means I still need to do 31 in 5 months - yikes!

Here's a quick finish I threw together yesterday - it's part of a Christmas gift - I sized it for the item that's inside :D  I managed to calculate the right height for adding the name applique - that doesn't always work for me, lol.  

OK gotta run - I have a million things to do!   We're going on a boat tour on Sunday and my brother and sister-in-law are driving down from Osgoode, Ontario to meet us in Alexandria Bay, NY - we're all going on the tour together :)  Mickie and dear sweet Seamus - I'm so sorry that we won't be able to see you this trip - I hope Shayme feels better soon, and we'll come down another time :)


Posting to New to Me for July ... and Ho Ho Ho and On We Sew, also for July (OMG check out Heidi's rug tutorial - totally awesome!) :)



7 comments:

  1. Oooh I like the bag - off to follow the link, thank you! Have a great holiday x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your makes - hope you have a GREAT trip - and sorry you won't get to see Mickie, but especially sorry you won't get HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fab holiday! Make sure you buy ALL the fabric, it might be your last chance if the americans vote that madman into power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The black and red bag is stunning! Is that your cross body bag? Well done on placing the name so well. Have lots of FUN on the trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fun trip! Hope you get lots of good deals at JoAnn's while you are stateside :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for linking up with Ho Ho Ho and On we Sew! The gift is great personalized and fitted to the gifted! The first bag is fun too, you make the best pouches and bags!! thank you so much for the shout-out too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having seen that bag close up and personal, I must say I think it is perfect. So nice to have had a meet-up with you Ms. Sandra, Sewing Muse! We really must do it again, but no falls requiring the emergency room next time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails