Thursday, January 7, 2016

A new year, and a new monster :)

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and a happy (and safe!) New Year :)  We spent time with hubby's family, and had a big luncheon on New Years Day - there were glitches, but it went fairly well, nobody went home hungry, and we now have folding tables, extra plates, silverware and glassware for 24 people - massive shopping was involved :D  And on to 2016!

I didn't specifically make "resolutions" because they never work for me, but I did make a decision to try to improve a few things - eat less, move more, shop less, sew more - those are the main ones.  Along the sewing front, I want to try making new designs of bags (zipper, drawstring etc.),  from the thousands of pins I have, the (hundreds) (dozens) (tens) ones of patterns I've bought over the years, and the dozens of tutorials I've saved to my computer :D  One a week would be fabulous, since I certainly have the fabric and notions to do that - kind of a 52 in '16 goal, if you will :D  I don't know if I'm up to it, and as we all know - stuff comes up - but at least it's something I'm aiming *towards* :)

Here's the my first new-to-me bag for the year - I spotted the original for sale in someone's Etsy store, and thought he was sweet :D  I wish I'd made his legs smaller and spaced his horns and eyes closer together, but overall he still came out pretty cute!  He's wearing his New Years 2016 border from Pizap, and it's possible he might still be a bit hung over ;)  He counts as 1/52/16 :D


9 comments:

  1. Adorbs as always. I am liking the horns. Also like your new year's unresolutions. Geez, I am even gonna steal those. That's what you get for being a sewing muse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to steal your resolutions too! They are great ! I also have a zillion cute pouches pinned and numerous patterns! I really like your little hungover pouch, he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your goals sound a lot like mine! Of course, I went on a huge fabric binge just after Christmas... To make myself feel better, I'm planning to try to do quite a bit of charitable sewing this year - maybe to give to Ronald McDonald house, or whatever else I find. I want to make some quilts or quilt tops to have at the ready for donation, too. You always make the cutest pouches - and I love the description for this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute pouch Sandra, he certainly doesn't look hungover from here :)
    Good resolutions too, I could definitely do with adopting those! I am looking forward to seeing lots of wonderful pouches in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your idea of trying NEW to you projects. I really should venture out of my comfort zone more often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally agree with sewing more from my inspirations. Like you, I pin too much, save too much. I like to think of it as organizing myself for when I can move on from the day job. So - pinning can continue as long as I re-visit and make some of these inspirations up.
    Like your monster 'teeth'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the "eat less, move more, shop less, sew more" philosophy! Do you know Fiona at Celtic thistle? She dies a new-to-me linky every month X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that's cute Sandra!!!! Good goals, or should I stick with "intentions"....I hate making goals myself, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails