Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Monday Makers! #22 :)

BRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it's a sunny but cold day today here in the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) --- current temp is -9C, feeling like -15C with the windchill.  Brass monkeys beware!  ;)


Here's my completion from Monday Makers! #21 - a Berenstain Bears library tote with matching zipper pouch :D  The BB print was a scrap I bought at the local quilt store, and the rest of the fabrics were from stash :)  This will be a gift for a young friend whose parents and grandparents love reading :)


Here's my new start, for MM#22 -- to use up the last of these 2 stash flannels (both from Joanns), I'm making bib and taggy blanket sets.  I was able to kit 8 bibs and 3 taggies, with the possibility of making one extra bib if I have enough scraps :D  These will all be going to Blue Hills when completed :)

Last week I got to hen party (sew) with 2 buddies - No Blog Amanda, and Miss Nancy :D  Miss Nancy brought me a lovely surprise today - I know she'll understand when I don't explain what it is :D  Thanks Nanc - my kitchen looks quite amazing now!  ;)  Anyways - we whipped up (well, Nancy did far more than I did, lol) rice heating pads for the kids at Blue Hills, to warm them up after skating :)  We ran out of rice mid-stream and had to make an emergency rice run into town to replenish our supply, LOL.  Miss Amanda, I do hope you'll remember to butter tart us at our next hen party!  ;)

Posting to Monday Makers! #22 :)

9 comments:

  1. I don't see any ribbon on those items. I think there should be a new rule for ribbonaholics--wait a minute, did I just out you? Ummm, sorry. Anyway, now that the truth is out there, I think those of us who should be Ribbonaholics Not Anonymous should have a rule requiring that at least 3 inches of ribbon be used on any sewing or crafting project until the stash is down to.....let's say 50 yards (or meters for those of you who use sensible measurements). On another note, I'm glad to see the last of the Berenstain Bears fabric on that adorable set cuz the mere sight of it reminds me that I somehow missed that one when it was up for sale. As I sit here whining, I realize that I should probably join Fabriholics Not Anonymous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to ask about the ribbon myself? Well???? Awesome finishes as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bag and tote look fab. Every week I visit you and I think I must start something next Monday - then suddenly it's Tuesday already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS patterned fabric for the taggies and bibs, with red being the perfect contrasting fabric. Someone is going to be very happy with their Berenstein Bears set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always find the cutest fabrics...love
    them!
    Cheers, Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Geez more great projects - and I love your penguin pouches from last post - stay warm, Sandra, it's cold here too but warming today, good thing because my brother is helping John get his exhaust system put on today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh a bag!!!!!!!!! not often I see one of those on your blog. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bag and pouch are so cute !! Oooh, that fabric with the bears : awesome !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails