Thursday, May 29, 2014

Peony monster :D

A few days ago I posted a sneak peek of the project I was working on - I finished him last night, and today he hopped onto my peony bush for his photography session.  Rather cheeky of him, I'd say!  ;)  His name is Steve - he's named after my neighbour's budgie :)  He was copied from inspired by this post at Mostracci Handmade :)  The denim background is worn out jeans I've upcycled from DS2's worn out work pants - Steve is a green zippy!  ;)  The zipper and lining are royal blue, and he measures 9"w x 6"t - I'm very happy with him, and a girlfriend is forthcoming to keep Steve company :D

Speaking of peony bushes - here's mine - it's late blooming this year due to the dastardly winter we had :D  Another week or two and we'll have beautiful flowers, I'm sure :) 

I'm a terrible photographer I don't have a great camera so I couldn't get a really good close-up of this little guy - this picture of a peony ant is dedicated to Sally and her bumblebee photo :D  She has a better camera than mine, plus she bakes cookies.  Hi Sally!  ;)


Linking this project up to Celtic Thistle Stitches' "New to Me in 2014" May linky party :) 

4 comments:

  1. Steve looks great! I don't have any peonies but my MIL does and my girl wants me to smell them everytime we are there. Their scent is way too much for me so I try to avoid them, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable. Love the shape of the pouch and those cute eyes would put a smile on anyone's face.
    The gardens looking good. I wish I could say the same for mine. The weeds are nearly knee high LOLL Want to come round???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Steve! Stop eating those peonies, they'll make you fat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your Steve zippy, Sandra!!! He has lots of personality. I love peonies, but it's too hot here to grow them, so I'll just have to be content looking at your pics.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails