Thursday, April 5, 2012

Zigzag bag completed :)

The first project in the Zakka Style sewalong is a "Zig Zag tote".  I did mine a little differently - I wanted log cabins on mine, so I did log cabins in front, and a modified zigzag (one seam 3D flying geese) in the back ;)  The bag measures 12.5" wide x 14" tall x 2.5" deep, and is lined with a turquoisey-aquay blue.  It came out beautifully!

Week 2 starts on Monday (Apr. 9) - the next project is one I've made before, but of course I'll be making a new one ;) 

8 comments:

  1. I love your modification Sandra! Beautiful bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spicey love the bag and I will continue to watch to see what else you make each week exciting. patty pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you took the theme and ran with it. And the result is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I had a hard time lining up the half squares I can not imagine trying to work in the log cabin... What a wonderful job! I can wait to see more from you! You are such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks lovely Sandra, great colours. YOu didn't show us the lining though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that 3D flying geese idea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent bag! I love the aqua, as you know. Very nice work, and I can't wait to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely bag! You have given me more ideas for my denim ones now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails