Thursday, July 14, 2011

Lunch @ Pickle Barrel :)

A new restaurant opened in Newmarket last month so my friend and I went to check it out today.  They sat us beside a table that had about a dozen people (it looked like an office get-together).  Note to self:  big party in the immediate vicinity does NOT bode well for other patrons.   The food was OK - not great - and the service was really slow.  Our waitress disappeared before our meal was over and another server finished our table even though she was telling us that our server would be right with us. Colour me not impressed!  I think I would try it again because the menu was quite extensive and it looked like a nice and fun restaurant, but perhaps we'll wait until they get the staff trained properly.  And we'll definitely request a new table if our server is also serving a large group - we had exactly the same problem @ The Buttery in Newmarket a few months ago (and the owners promised us free coffee and dessert on our next trip, to make up for the extremely poor service).

It was wonderful having lunch with my girlfriend though - she works full-time and has a lot of family commitments so I don't get to see her very often!

Today's projects - the bibs in the bottom row aren't deformed - I had the camera aimed on an angle to get the photo as I was standing beside a table, but they must also be crooked on the wall - they're actually all the same size!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd go back, lol. Is it a chain restaurant? If so, then I'd say yes try it again. If not, then the food probably won't improve.

    Bibs are darling, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had that same experience at new restaurants too! Takes a while to work the kinks out! Love the new projects! Hugs, Mickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always have the cutest fabrics for baby items. There are going to be some very adorably attired babies at Christmas tables this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails