Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I did it! And I did it perfectly!! :)

I've been eying this zipper installation tutorial for a while now, meaning to try it.  Tonight was the night, and I'm ever so glad I did, as it turned out PERFECTLY.  So perfect it surprised me, LOL!!  I'm used to installing zippers, but not zippers with fabric tabbed ends.  I prefer to sandwich my zippers between the front/lining so there are no raw edges inside, so that's what I did - I combined my usual installation technique with her tabbed ends techniques - with total success ;)  LOVELY LOVELY LOVELY! 

A closer view of the end ...

Another angle :)

Another finish for today - a pretty girly bib for an expectant momma (this will go with the theme bibs I've already made) :)

And - last but not least - two more finishes from today - BOY themed zipper bags for the local counselling centre - I've sent them lots of girl zippies so I'm concentrating on boy ones to even things out ;)  This fabric was given to me by my friend Nancy the Tavern Wench - thanks Nanc!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE how you did those tabbed ends! I'm going to have to try that. Excellent job! Love the girly bib, so sweet, and the boy zipper bags, good for you - boys hardly ever get stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey well done! And thanks for sharing the link. Since I posted about my damn zips, I've had 2 good suggestions of how to do it... but not until after I'd already sewn them up... looks like I'll have to make some more! I love that fabric on the pouch, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have perfected pillow-sewing but zippers are intimidating! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails