Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fabric shopping ;)

Hubby took me out to a couple of quilt stores in Toronto today - I had some specific "themes" to shop for, and did manage to find some of what I wanted!  We'll head Stateside soon to look for the rest of the goodies :D


This is for a set of bibs and taggy blanket.  The 3 fabrics on the right are from Sew-Sisters in Toronto, and the chenilley fabric and trims are from Fabricland :)

Golf fabrics - the blue (top row 2nd from left) and green (bottom row, far right) are for lining, and the golf prints are for zipper and gift bags.  I need another fabric in a solid or TOT blue to break up the prints - I forgot to pick it up. The golf fabrics are from Cock-a-Doodle Quilts in Toronto :)

Doggy prints for ??? - they'll be worked into a future project - both are from Sew Sisters :)

Some of my Oh Cherry Oh (by Moda) charm squares for a future project - I'm thinking they'd be cute for a project for a little girl, especially if I get a metre or two of the one of the prints to use as the main fabric - or - can you see 4 squares patchworked together (with some pretty trim) to make the front of a bib for a little girl ... with the bib backed by white (or pink!!!) chenille - yummy!! 

Yep - a fun day shopping - thanks Dennis!!

2 comments:

  1. Any day shopping for fabric is a good day! Love all your picks!

    MGM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm "sew" glad I got to meet you in the shop! Have fun sewing up all your goodies! Judy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I try to reply to all comments - if you're a No Reply blogger or using Google + I can't get your email address so please leave it (obfuscated somehow) in the message so I can write back (and snoop your blog, lol) - thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails